If you have experience in teaching methods, organizing educational processes, and providing counseling to both children and adults in the field of education, then the position of Education Counselor at COAF’s SMART Center in the Lori region is tailor-made for you. More specifically:
STUDENT JOURNEY FACILITATION (60%)
- Familiarize yourself with all components of the SMART Citizenship Curriculum and effectively communicate our educational model to students, parents, and colleagues.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of individual student notes by instructors.
- Form program groups and allocate students based on prerequisite needs.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to implement program adaptations tailored to each student’s special educational requirements.
- Conduct individual counseling sessions with students, providing guidance and addressing disciplinary matters within the educational framework.
- Facilitate periodic group sessions to promote professional orientation.
- Foster strong partnerships with school representatives from the SMART Center’s beneficiary communities to disseminate information about admissions, events, and Center procedures.
- Lead tours for members of the educational and parenting community at the center, presenting SMART Citizenship Curriculum.
- Participate in an introductory week, which includes community visits, parent meetings, student orientation, and program selection.
- Notify students about graduation, withdrawals, and other special events.
- Compile and provide information on the individual educational status of students.
METHODOLOGICAL WORK (40%)
- Contribute to the development of analytical tools for evaluating the effectiveness of education programs and measuring their impact.
- Collaborate with programmers to create lesson plans, introduce rubrics, and develop pre- and post-tests.
- Conduct monitoring to track student progress and assess the applicability of implemented tools.
- Stay informed about current changes in the field of general education and propose strategies to enhance cooperation with schools.
- Create educational materials for middle school students focusing on their potential interests and abilities, and for high school students introducing them to different professions, the labor market, and opportunities to continue education.
You will join COAF SMART Programs team at the COAF SMART Center in Lori and work under the direct leadership of Educational Operations Manager.
We’re expecting your best and require that:
- In-depth knowledge of developments in RA general education, both formal and informal.
- Experience in designing and coordinating robotics courses for groups.
- Ability to navigate individual and group work dynamics.
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken Armenian; knowledge of English and Russian is desirable.
- Non-formal educational methodologies as you have higher education or professional training certificate in pedagogy or related fields.
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing diverse technologies and platforms.
- Exhibit expertise in conflict resolution and the capacity to function effectively within a team.
- Showcase strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Communicate fluently in Armenian, both verbally and in writing (proficiency in English is advantageous).
- Driven by a strong work ethic
- Proactive and inclined toward taking action
- A creative thinker with an innovative and critical mindset
- Reliable and accountable for your responsibilities
- An advocate for the concept of lifelong learning
Children of Armenia Fund (COAF) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that employs community-led approaches to improve the quality of life in rural Armenia, with a particular focus on children and youth. COAF’s target development areas are education, health, social and economic development. COAF launched its programs in 2004, starting in one village and expanding to 64 villages in Armavir, Aragatsotn, Lori, Gegharkunik, Shirak, and Tavush regions.
Since 2015, COAF has developed and started implementing SMART Initiatives. COAF SMART is designed to advance a generation across the rural world through education that will benefit individuals, societies, and the environment. COAF SMART is an exemplary model of development and will be replicated in other regions and communities throughout Armenia. The first COAF SMART Center was inaugurated on May 27, 2018 near the village of Debet, Lori Region.
Note: COAF is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Our team must be agile as we grow in scale. We are looking for teammates who are resilient and adaptive.
- A life-changing work experience
- A job that you’d be passionate about
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive health insurance package
- Additional paid flex hours
- Career development opportunities
- Free English Classes per need
- Performance-based EoY bonus
- Positive and creative work environment
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU
Take your first step and apply.
You have until 15th of October 2023 (EOD).
The organization conducts a day-to-day review of the applications, depending on the results of which, the hiring process and selection of the appropriate candidate can be carried out before the deadline.