If you are an experienced and dedicated English language specialist with a passion for non-formal education and a knack for leadership, then being COAF (Children of Armenia Fund) English Access After School Program manager is a perfect role for you.
Your duties will include:
CONTENT CREATION & DEVELOPMENT (60%)
- Create a program outline, syllabus and assist teachers in incorporating educational materials, designing lesson plans and community-service projects for non-formal instruction
- Integrate knowledge, skills and attitudes (KSA) approach as an inseparable part of the curriculum
- Hold regular meetings with after-school instructors and program staff to discuss and address program successes and challenges
- Conduct needs assessment, organize and facilitate on-going teacher professional development events for the instructors
- Incorporate U.S. and Armenian culture specific educational events into the curriculum
- Develop educational mechanisms and tools to monitor and assess the program outcomes
- Build and maintain professional and sustainable relations with after-school instructors, program partners, stakeholders and other beneficiaries throughout the whole program
ENGLISH ACCESS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION AND IMPLEMENTATION (40%)
- Travel to regions and conduct lesson observations for monitoring and assessment purposes
- Provide constructive feedback to after-school instructors and ensure smooth implementation of the program
- Supervise the student enrollment process
- Consult with after-school instructors on solutions to noted recommendations for overall program improvement
- Support teachers in organizing the administration of the pre-and post-test for student progress evaluation
- Search the market for effective educational resources as well as organize the logistics of the program
You will be joining the COAF Village Programs team, and will work under the direct leadership of COAF Village Programs Manager.
We’re expecting your best and require that:
- The education system of the Republic of Armenia
- The difference between the formal and non-formal education as you have higher education in the field of education & more than 3 years of work experience
- CEFR assessment criteria
- Armenian, verbal & written
- English (C2 level based on CEFR assessment criteria)
- Manage non-formal educational programs, as you have more than 3 years of program management, supervisory, teacher training experience in a relevant field
- Teach and train in a non-formal educational setting format
- Lesson plan and design supplementary materials
- Manage and lead a team
- Organize, prioritize & multitask
- Collaborate well with multi-disciplinary team and program stakeholders
- Present and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Conduct program monitoring and evaluation
- Analyze & work with data
- Work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- An empathetic team player
- An action taker and a fighter
- A creative and out-of-the-box՛ thinker
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Responsible and accountable
- A lifelong learner
- Ready to travel
Children of Armenia Fund (COAF) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that employs community-led approaches to improve the quality of life in rural Armenia, with a particular focus on children and youth. COAF’s target development areas are education, health, social and economic development. COAF launched its programs in 2004, starting in one village and expanding to 64 villages in Armavir, Aragatsotn, Lori, Gegharkunik, Shirak, and Tavush regions.
Since 2015, COAF has developed and started implementing SMART Initiatives. COAF SMART is designed to advance a generation across the rural world through education that will benefit individuals, societies, and the environment. COAF SMART is an exemplary model of development and will be replicated in other regions and communities throughout Armenia. The first COAF SMART Center was inaugurated on May 27, 2018 near the village of Debet, Lori Region.
Note: COAF is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Our team must be agile as we grow in scale. We are looking for teammates who are resilient and adaptive.
- A life-changing work experience
- A job that you’d be passionate about
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive health insurance package
- Additional paid flex hours
- Career development opportunities
- Free English Classes per need
- Performance-based EoY bonus
- Positive and creative work environment
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU
Take your first step and apply.
You have until 17th of September 2023 (EOD).
The organization conducts a day-to-day review of the applications, depending on the results of which, the hiring process and selection of the appropriate candidate can be carried out before the deadline.