If you are a passionate, solution-centered, creative, proactive professional with good communication skills, then being COAF (Children of Armenia Charitable Fund) Social Worker in Myasnikyan Child and Family Center of Armavir region is a perfect role for you. Your responsibilities are following:
CASE MANAGEMENT (70%)
- Identify risky residents and families of Myasnikyan Child and Family Center’s target villages, prioritizing children and their families and referring them to the Center.
- Create a development plan for each family in the village, follow-up the implementation process, assure the quality of services, and adopt a multidisciplinary approach.
- Create and maintain supportive network for the response of development plans․
- Support to the Myasnikyan Child and Family Center’s operations.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (30%)
- To be included in the community development projects in Myasnikyan Child and Family Center target villages implemented by COAF.
- Organize and implement training on different social problems prevalent in the communities.
- Contribute to the implementation of projects aimed at development and prevention of social problems.
- Initiate community events dedicated to international days in order to raise the awareness of communities, to form social responsibility, and to emphasize the importance of the professional services provided.
- Regularly study the socio-economic situation of settlements and their households, highlight the strengths and resources of communities and their residents.
- Contribute to the formation of volunteer groups and coach them to implement social initiatives in the community.
Taking over the role of Social Worker you will be joining the COAF Village Programs team and you will work under the leadership of COAF Social Work Manager and Myasnikyan Child and Family Center’s Coordinator.
We’re expecting your best and require that:
- Be aware of the social protection system, social policy and legal framework of RA, have higher education in Social Work (BA and/or MA).
- Armenian, verbal & written.
- Non-formal education methodology.
- Formal education and Health policies of Armenia.
- Provide qualitative Social Work services, because you have three years of experience in the field of Social Work.
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Use G Suite and other working platforms.
- Organize, prioritize & multitask.
- Analyze & work with data.
- Work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Present & communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- An action taker, changemaker & a fighter.
- A creative & out-of-the-box thinker.
- Open-minded & critical.
- Responsible & accountable.
- Socially responsible.
- A lifelong learner.
Children of Armenia Fund (COAF) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that employs community-led approaches to improve the quality of life in rural Armenia, with a particular focus on children and youth. COAF’s target development areas are education, health, social and economic development. COAF launched its programs in 2004, starting in one village and expanding to 66 villages in Armavir, Aragatsotn, Lori, Shirak, and Tavush regions.
Since 2015, COAF has developed and started implementing SMART Initiatives. COAF SMART is designed to advance a generation across the rural world through education that will benefit individuals, societies, and the environment. COAF SMART is an exemplary model of development and will be replicated in other regions and communities throughout Armenia. The first COAF SMART Center was inaugurated on May 27, 2018 near the village of Debet, Lori Region.
Note: COAF is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Our team must be agile as we grow in scale. We are looking for teammates who are resilient and adaptive.
- A life-changing work experience
- A job that you’d be passionate about
- Competitive salary
- Career development opportunities
- Positive and creative work environment
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU
Take your first step and apply․
You have until until January 31st, 2024, EoD to apply.
The organization conducts a day-to-day review of the applications, depending on the results of which, the hiring process and selection of the appropriate candidate can be carried out before the deadline.